This document sets out the legal requirements and obligations of Blue Whale Gifts as it relates to usage of personal information, privacy and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
1. WHO ARE WE?
Blue Whale Gifts Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales. (Company No: 08848191, VAT No: GB 184574377)
Registered AddressBlue Whale Gifts
Unit 3.4 Trostre Industrial Park
2. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The personal information we collect is limited to that which is necessary for obtaining payment and fulfiling your order. Each article of information we hold is justified by one of the following legal bases:
- Contract: This applies to any information processing that is necessary to fulfil our contract to you. For example, if you place an order with us, we have a contractual obligation to deliver your item, and to do this we must process and store your contact details.
- Legal obligation: This applies to any information processing that we are required to undertake by law. For example, we are required by law to store certain information for a period of time.
- Legitimate interest: This applied to any information processing that is considered a legitimate interest to us or you, and would not be considered invasive. For example, if you ask us a question through our contact form, we will use the information provided to respond to your question.
- Consent: This applies to any information processing that is not strictly necessary and is not covered by the legal bases above. Any information processing that falls under this legal basis must have your explicit consent. For example, in order to contact you with any marketing or promotional material, we would need your explicit consent prior to doing so.
The personal information that we process or store include:
- Payment details: Payments are processed by a third-party payment processor which is chosen by you during checkout. This information is required in order to obtain payment and complete your order. Blue Whale Gifts does not store your payment information, except for billing address. Your billing address is stored for record-keeping purposes under the legal obligation basis.
- Contact details: Your contact details (including name, address, e-mail address and telephone number) must be provided during the checkout process. These are required in order to complete your order and deliver the goods to you. These details are processed under the contract basis, and stored for a period of time under the legal obligation basis.
You may also provide us with contact details by other means, for example through our 'Contact Us' form. In these cases, the information will be used under the legitimate interest basis in order to reply to your question and provide adequate customer service.
- Website usage information: We use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard website usage information and visitor behaviour patterns as you use our website. We do this to identify how our website is performing, and to improve our services in the future. None of the information collected in this way is personally identifying, and is not processed in a way that would lead to personal identification of any individual.
3. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
The information you provide on this website, as listed above, will be used for the following purposes only:
- To complete and process your order, and deliver the ordered goods to you
- To update you with information directly relating to the processing or delivery of you order, for example notifying you when your order has been dispatched
- Customer service responses, for example responding to any questions or issues
- Internal record-keeping as required to meet our statutory obligations
4. WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION?
Direct employees of Blue Whale Gifts will have access to your information in order to process your order, as well as provide customer support.
External third party companies will be provided with information where necessary when fulfilling your order. These companies are used only as strictly necessary for the fulfilment of your order, and are under contractual obligation to keep your information safe, and use it only as required to complete this task. Some examples of third party companies we use:
- Couriers: Our couriers require your contact details in order to deliver your order. Couriers may also send you delivery notifications to let you know when your parcel will be delivered.
- Website Hosting Provider: Our website host stores your information in their secure data centre which is ISO27001 and PCI compliant.
- Payment Processor: As chosen during checkout, the payment processor is used to obtain payment details in order to place your order. Each payment provider has their own privacy policies which you can view at the following links: PayPal / Klarna / Amazon Payments
Your information will not be shared by us to any third-party marketing services, or any other services not required for the fulfilment of your order.
Where necessary, your information may be disclosed to regulators or other government bodies when requested as required by law.
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will store personal information of our customers only for as long as is necessary to meet our legal or regulatory obligations.
6. TRANSFER OF INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF THE UK
For international orders, it may be necessary for the courier companies delivering your order to provide your information to their international delivery partners in order to complete the delivery. Our couriers are obliged to ensure that this information is transferred and stored securely.
7. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws, you have a set of legal rights regarding your personal information which are outlined below. If you wish to excersize any of these rights, you can contact us using any of the methods listed above or on our contact us page. We may ask for identification for certain requests.
- The right of access: You have a right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to correct any outdated, incorrect or incomplete information we hold about you.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that we remove any personal information we hold about you. Please note that we are required by law to store certain information pertaining to orders for a certain period of time, and so removal requests may be declined should they conflict with our legal obligations.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to halt the processing of personal information in certain circumstances.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that we transfer any information we hold about you to yourself or a third party in a structured manner.
- The right to object: You have the right to object to your information being used for marketting purposes, or in other situations where you feel it is being used unlawfully.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority should you feel that we have failed to meet our legal obligations with regards to data processing. You can contact the Information Commissioner's Office at the following address:Information Commisioner's Office
If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
- Essential: These cookies are essential for the operation of the website. Without these cookies, certain critical features of the website may be unusable, such as completing an order.
- Functional: These cookies are necessary for certain non-critical functions of the website. For example, remembering which notifications you have dismissed so they don't appear again.
- Analytical: These cookies collect anonymous website usage data which we can analyse to improve our website or service. The data collected is anonymous and cannot be used to identify you personally.
You can modify your browser's settings in order to restrict, delete or block cookies. Please note that performing these actions may render certain parts of the site unuseable.
For other browsers, refer to your browser's specific help pages.